Please bear with us, menu and opening hours may be subject to change. We're a small team in the cafe. Do feel free to CALL US 0161 273 4878 for on the day info.
Check out our menu below, open from 11am - 3pm, Mon - Sat. (Closed bank holidays)
Eighth Day Classics!
- VEGAN MAIN - from £6.50
Our menu is never the same, and our chefs keep inventing, using seasonal ingredients and their international know-how. You can find hearty wholesome vegan bakes, pies, pastas, tagines or something completely new! Feel free to give us a call if you want to know today's menu: 0161 273 4878
- SMALL OR LARGE SALAD BOWL - from £4.25
A loaded salad bowl to keep you full! Like our mains, the salad options change with the seasons, using seasonal veg. Some examples of what might be available include:
spicy pickled red cabbage // herby tri-colour quinoa & roasted squash // naked garden salad // classic hummus // crunchy greens // cumin & paprika roasted sweet potatoes // munchy seeds
- SOUP & BREAD | SOUPD & SANDWICH - from £4.50
A winter warmer or a classic lunch. Our homemade vegan soup is made from scratch with seasonal ingredients and can come with a bread roll or add a one of our hand crafted sandwiches, made on ciabatta bread with inventive vegan fillings.
If you're looking for gluten free, the soup is typically a great option - just ditch the bread!
Seasonal Wholesome Dhal & Stews
- Classic Eighth Day Lentil Dhal (GF) - from £4.50
typically a red lentil, tarka, chana or mixed lentil dhal, it's a mild extremely nutritious curry style dish, cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, cumin and tomato.
- Hearty Stew made with Seasonal Ingredients - from £5.95
Anything from a Winter Veg Stew to Thai Green Curry, we always use seasonal ingredients, and each chef uses their own influence to make a wholesome hearty stew of their choosing. Call us to find out what is on the menu today - 0161 273 4878
Sweet Treats - Cakes & Bakes from £2.75
- From Eighth Day Kitchen
- Surinder's Chocolate Brownies £2.95
- Gluten Free Coconut & Almond Flapjacks with Crunch Sunflower Seeds
- Vegan Sliced Cakes from local suppliers from £2.95
- Expect vegan Millionaire's Shortbread, Ginger Cake and other vegan sponges.
Coffee, Tea & Hot Drinks
All of our coffee is espresso based, made with a medium roast for a fuller bodied flavour, and is 'speciality coffee' (meaning it has a score of 80 or over). We only work with roasters who source their coffee ethically and make sure it's fairly traded. All of our team are barista trained.
We use vegan friendly barista style soya or oat milk, and have organic dairy milk upon request.
- Double Espresso | Americano | Latte | Cappuccino | Flat White | Mocha | Tea & Herbal Tea
- SEASONAL & SPECIAL - Turmeric Latte | Matcha Latte | Spiced Apple (Autumn/Winter) | Vegan Hot Choc
Craft Beer and Soft Drinks
- Fentiman’s Botanical Bottled Drinks, 330ml
Choose from: cherry cola, dandelion & burdock, rose lemonade
- Whole Earth Organic Cans, 330ml
Choose from: cola, elderflower, cranberry, ginger, cloudy lemonade
- ChariTea - Organic FairTrade Ice Tea 330ml
proceeds from each bottle sold goes to funding LemonAid & Chairtea Foundation Projects
- Alphabet Brewing Co. A to the K, 330ml, 5.6%, £3 (contains alcohol)
- Shindigger Session IPA, 440ml, 4.2%, £3 (contains alcohol)
- Sam Smith's Organic Lager, 355ml, 5%, 3% (contains alcohol)
YOU MUST BE 18+ TO BUY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. You may be asked for ID.
Sides & Sauces
- Steamed Seasonal greens - with lemon juice and cracked black pepper
- Pan-fried New Potatoes / Boiled Brown Rice
- Ask us about our homemade vegan sauces
How To Order
- Our hot food and hot drinks menus are up behind us at the counter, where you can take a look at our hot food, cakes and salads too
- Let us know your allergen concerns
- Order & pay at the counter!
- There's no need to book, but if you want to be sure you get a table, you can of course reserve one - just let us know how many people, when and what time. 0161 273 4878
Looking for catering? Call us! 0161 273 4878 (option 3).