Our menu follows a set format, but changes slightly from day to day, depending on what ingredients are available and seasonal, as well as what our chefs specialities & backgrounds are.
Check out our menu below, open from 11am - 3pm, Mon - Sat. (Closed bank holidays)
Eighth Day Classics!
- VEGAN MAINS - from £7.50
Our menu is never the same, and our chefs keep inventing, using seasonal ingredients and their international know-how. You can find hearty wholesome vegan bakes, pies, pastas, tagines or something completely new! Feel free to give us a call if you want to know today's menu: 0161 273 4878
- SMALL OR REGULAR SALAD BOWLS - from £5.75
A loaded salad bowl to keep you full! Like our mains, the salad options change with the seasons, using seasonal veg. Some examples of what might be available include:
spicy pickled red cabbage // herby tri-colour quinoa & roasted squash // naked garden salad // classic hummus // crunchy greens // cumin & paprika roasted sweet potatoes // munchy seeds
- SOUP & ARTISANAL SOURDOUGH BREAD | SOUP & SANDWICH - from £4.20
A winter warmer or a classic lunch. Our homemade vegan soup is made from scratch with seasonal ingredients and can come with a bread roll or add a one of our hand crafted Vegan Feta & Roasted Veg or Vegan Reuben made with Pastrami, Cheese & Pickles sandwiches, made on ciabatta bread.
Seasonal Wholesome Dhal & Stews
- Classic Eighth Day Lentil Dhal (GF) - from £5.50
typically a red lentil, tarka, chana or mixed lentil dhal, it's a mild extremely nutritious curry style dish, cooked with fresh ginger, garlic, cumin and tomato.
- Hearty Stew made with Seasonal Ingredients - from £6.50
Anything from a Winter Veg Stew to Thai Green Curry, we always use seasonal ingredients, and each chef uses their own influence to make a wholesome hearty stew of their choosing. Call us to find out what is on the menu today - 0161 273 4878
Sweet Treats - All Vegan Cakes, Flapjacks, Slices & Hot Puddings
- From Eighth Day Kitchen
- Surinder's Chocolate & Pecan Brownie
- Coconut & Almond Flapjacks with Crunch Sunflower Seeds (made with No Gluten Ingredients)
- Fig & Almond Rocky Road Slice (made with No Gluten Ingredients)
- Blueberry & Orange Cake
- Carrot & Walnut Cake
- Raspberry & Chocolate Crumble Slice
- Polenta & Blueberry Cake (made with No Gluten Ingredients)
- Mixed Berry Crumble (cold or with Vegan Custard or Ice Cream)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vegan Custard or Ice Cream
Coffee, Tea & Hot Drinks
All of our coffee is espresso based, made with a medium roast for a fuller bodied flavour, and is 'speciality coffee' (meaning it has a score of 80 or over). We only work with roasters who source their coffee ethically and make sure it's fairly traded. All of our team are barista trained.
We use vegan friendly barista style soya or oat milk, and have small amount of dairy milk upon request.
- Double Espresso | Americano | Latte | Cappuccino | Flat White | Mocha | Tea & Herbal Tea | Chai Latte
- SEASONAL & SPECIAL DRINKS -
Turmeric Latte | Matcha Latte | Vanilla Iced Matcha | Iced Latte | Spiced Apple (Seasonal to Autumn/Winter) | Vegan Hot Choc
Fresh Smoothies and Soft Drinks
- Freshly made-to-order Smoothies
- Berry Boost
- Fentiman’s Botanical Bottled Drinks, 330ml
- Choose from: cherry cola, dandelion & burdock, rose lemonade
- Whole Earth Organic Cans, 330ml
Choose from: cola, elderflower, cranberry, ginger, cloudy lemonade
- ChariTea - Organic FairTrade Ice Tea 330ml
proceeds from each bottle sold goes to funding LemonAid & Chairtea Foundation Project
Sides & Sauces
- Steamed Seasonal greens - with lemon juice and cracked black pepper
- Pan-fried New Potatoes / Brown Rice
- Ask us about our homemade vegan sauces
How To Order
- Our hot food and hot drinks menus are up behind us at the counter, where you can take a look at our hot food, cakes and salads too
- Let us know your allergen concerns
- Order & pay at the counter!
- There's no need to book, but if you want to be sure you get a table, you can of course reserve one - just let us know how many people, when and what time. 0161 273 4878
Looking for catering? Call us! 0161 273 4878 (option 3).
HIRE SPACE IN OUR CAFE?
Need space for hire in Manchester? Our café can be hired between 8-10am and after 4.30pm. Whether it’s a team meeting, yoga class, crafting and cake, film night, guest talks, we can adjust the space to fit your needs. We can provide refreshments, full catering and café/bar service. If you have any questions or enquiries please get in touch by calling us on 0161 273 4878 (option 3) and ask for Anna or email email@example.com