This is another of our most enduringly popular recipes, both variations are good old English winter warmers and are about the most easy things you could cook, apart from boiling an egg. If you are vegan, forget the egg.
1 Medium Onion
1 lb Broccoli
1 Large Potato, about 12oz
2 Pints (1.2L) Water
1 Dessert spoon Sunflower Oil
Dash of Shoyu
Salt & Pepper
- Peel and chop the onion finely, put the oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat, add the onions and fry gently until tender, turning the heat down if necessary.
- Wash the broccoli and the potato, peeling the potato if it is not organic, and cut them into fairly small pieces, using the stem of the broccoli as well as the florets.
- When the onions are soft add the water, shoyu, potato and broccoli. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Once the potato is cooked blend and season with salt and pepper.
- You can use cauliflower in place of the broccoli and follow the same recipe.