The food we serve in the café is the jewel in our crown and we are immensely proud of the quality of food our amazing chefs constantly provide. All the hot food, salads, quiche and sandwiches served in our café are freshly prepared from scratch, in-house by our talented chefs. Our focus is on good quality, home-made food that’s hearty and nourishing for body and soul.
Our menu changes daily, but you’ll always find:
- Soup – broths, potages, chowders…a super selection. Add bread from Barbakan Delicatessen, or a side of veg.
- Dahl - a mild lentil curry which is a hearty staple of our menu, there are countless variations – each chef has their favourites.
- Stew - from a traditional casserole, to herby Mediterranean delights, to all manner of curries, our stews represent an around-the-world epicurean odyssey.
- Mains – one vegan, and one with dairy. Again, dishes from around the world – examples include pies, risottos, enchiladas, layered bakes, gratins, pasta dishes, pilaffs...the list is endless.
All our hot dishes are available on their own or with our side dishes of organic brown rice, steamed potatoes and green vegetables, or alternatively add a side salad. We work hard to make sure our hot food is available to serve straight away, canteen-style.
- Salad bar – fill a bowl with our great variety of salads, all prepared from scratch by us. Bases of beans, potatoes, pasta, grains, mushrooms, raw vegetables prepared countless ways with our delicious home-made dressings.
- Sweet treats - most of our cakes are vegan, and they come from several suppliers: Black Cat Cakery, Lily and Dilly, Raw Bake Station, Tyler and Hall, Barbakan Delicatessen. They range from decadent, rich brownies, to mouth-watering iced layered sponge cakes, and raw slices. Ask us about our favourites!
Our Chefs strive to be creative and constantly try new culinary ideas, devising dishes from seasonal vegetables to create new exciting flavour combinations as well as classic favourites that our customers come back for again and again.
All our eggs and milk are organic and we never use GM foods. We source our ingredients from local suppliers wherever possible.
Most of the food we serve is vegan, and many dishes contain no gluten ingredients. We always keep a full record of the ingredients used within each dish, so our friendly and helpful Café staff are always more than willing to help you choose a dish to suit your dietary requirements.