Spinach & New Potato Bake
2lb new potatoes
2 cloves garlic
4 sticks celery
1lb fresh spinach or 1 bag frozen spinach
1 tin tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato pureé
Dash red wine vinegar or red wine
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
- Halve the potatoes and cook them, allow to cool and set to one side.
- Dice the onion, crush the garlic and fry in olive oil until soft.
- Chop the celery, grate the carrots, add to the onion and fry until soft.
- Mix the herbs in and season well.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Chop the tomatoes and add along with the pureé and vinegar.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into a large, ovenproof dish and then add the vegetable mixture, giving it a good mix.
- Cook at Gas Mark 7 for ½ and hour and then top with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Return to the oven until golden and crispy.