Mung Bean &Coconut Soup
½lb Mung Beans
4 sticks celery
¼ block creamed coconut
1½ pints water or stock
Good handful of freshly chopped parsley or coriander leaves
Salt & pepper
- Chop the onion and fry until softened.
- Chop the celery and add to the onion, season and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the creamed coconut to the liquid and stir until fairly smooth.
- Wash the mung beans, then add to the onion along with the coconut liquid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
- Liquidize, reseason and add the parsley or coriander.
- Reheat and serve.