1 clove garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
1 red pepper
½ packet beansprouts
2 pints hot water or stock
2 tablespoons miso
salt & pepper
- Slice the onion finely, crush the garlic, chop the ginger and fry together in a little oil for 5 minutes.
- Slice the carrots into sticks, slice the red pepper finely and along with the bean sprouts add to the onions, frying for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour on the water or stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, dissolve the miso in a little hot water and add to the pan making sure that it does not boil again.
- Simmer for half an hour on a low heat.
- Season well and serve.