A tasty soup with lots of flavour and different textures.
¼lb red lentils
2 cloves garlic
1 red pepper
¼lb sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons tomato pureé
1 can tomatoes
Dash red grape juice
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt & pepper
1½ pints vegetable stock
- Chop the onion, crush the garlic and fry in olive oil until softened.
- Thinly slice the courgette, carrot and red pepper, add to the onion and cook on for a further 10 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms, add to the pan along with the dried herbs and seasoning, fry until softened.
- Pureé the tomatoes and add to the pot along with the lentils, stock, tomato pureé and grape juice.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for ½ an hour.
- Break the spaghetti into pieces and add to the pot, simmer for ¼ of an hour.
- Add the parsley, reseason and serve.