Italian Pasta Salad
Dream of Italy while you make and eat this delicious salad, as soon as the smell of fresh basil drifts round the kitchen you will suddenly find yourself the centre of attention. Well, it's one way of getting a social life.
8oz Pasta Spirals
4oz Fresh Spinach
2oz Fresh Basil Leaves
3 Sprigs Parsley
1 Clove Garlic
3 fl oz Olive Oil
- Put a large pan on to boil half full of water, add a pinch of salt, when boiling add the pasta and boil vigorously until just cooked. Drain immediately, rinse with cold water, drain again and then put into a bowl with a little olive oil and stir gently until coated. This will stop the pasta sticking together into a clump.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly, chop it coarsely and add to the cooked pasta.
- Wash and quarter the tomatoes and add to the mix.
- Now make the dressing.
- Juice the lemon and put juice in blender with the olive oil, garlic, parsley, half the basil leaves, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad, mix it all gently together and sprinkle 1oz of roughly chopped basil leaves on top as a garnish.
- This is so easy to make and yet has such an intensive flavour, it is marvellous just eaten with ciabatta bread and rough red wine.