A perennial favourite, a delicious savoury mixture of potatoes, onions and cheese.
4oz Plain Wholemeal Flour
4oz Plain White Flour
1 Medium Onion
3 or 4 Cloves Garlic
3 Tablespoons Shoyu (Soya Sauce)
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
8oz Cheddar Cheese
- First of all mix the flour and margarine together with your fingertips until you end up with something akin to bread crumbs.
- Gradually add enough cold water to form a dough.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- To make the filling, start off by cubing the potatoes and cooking until very soft.
- Chop the onion, crush the garlic and then fry together in a little oil.
- Add the shoyu and black pepper and then mix with the potatoes, along with a little of the potato water to make the mixture nice and creamy.
- Spread the mixture out in a pastry-lined baking tray.
- Grate the cheese and then spread it out over the potato mixture along with the dried parsley.
- Cook in a moderate oven (Gas Mark 5) for about 40 minutes.