2 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 cauliflower, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
250 ml of white wine
750 ml of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley to garnish
Lancashire cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and then add the onion, cauliflower and garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Cook for ten minutes, stirring often before adding the white wine.
- Cook for two minutes and then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn the hob down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup in the pan or allow the soup to cool, pour into a blender and blend.
- Return the soup to the hob and, if desired, add cream.
- Heat to a simmer and garnish with parsley.
- You could crumble some Lancashire cheese into the bottom of each soup bowl and serve the soup over the top. Why not try some delicious Leagram Lancashire Cheese, available to buy from the shop?