Butternut Squash Soup
3 tbsp sunflower oil
½ kg butternut squash, cut into 3-4 cm cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp rosemary
1.25 litres of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
250ml of cream/soya cream (optional)
Parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan to a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and butternut squash pieces to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rosemary and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Half cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the pumpkin pieces begin to disintegrate, remove the pan from the hob and let the soup sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup, or alternatively allow the soup to cool, pour into a blender and purée.
- Return the soup to the hob and, if desired, add cream.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring often.
- Serve with parsley to garnish.