Broccoli & Orange Salad
1 Large Floret Broccoli
3 Large Oranges
2oz Toasted Sunflower Seeds
8 tablespoons French Dressing - made with sesame oil
The juice of half an orange
- Toast the sunflower seeds as in the previous recipe.
- Wash and chop the broccoli lengthways, leaving as much stalk as possible.
- Peel and grate the carrot. Peel the orange, remove the inner skin from the individual pieces (this is best done with a small, very sharp knife with the peeled orange whole. Cut down between the skin and the orange segment, you will find the flesh of the orange comes away without breaking.) discard the pips and cut each segment into halves.
- Mix all the ingredients together carefully, adding the orange juice.
- Make a French dressing using sesame oil and without mustard. Add to the salad and mix to coat all the ingredients.
- The sesame oil lifts this salad quite out of the ordinary and adds that certain something to the differing textures of crunchy broccoli and juicy orange.